Re: handling ddos attacks

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Fri May 21 00:23:46 2004

> Ok, I 'll buy that right now; we have a DDoS Attack on our core nameservers
> from 66.165.10.24. Where do we start, do I call the police in Bellingham or
> Washington State Police. We have blocked their ips but, we know they will
> come in another way.

the best thing is if you call the FBI, or NIPC.  if you call your local FBI
field office and say you're experiencing a cyberattack and could they give
you the number for NIPC then it'll probably produce the results you want,
even if NIPC has been renamed one or more times since i last talked to them,
or if this old functionality within FBI is now handled by DHS, or both.