Re: ntpd config tech note redux

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Thu May 20 22:01:36 2004

In message <[email protected]>, Randy Bush writes:

>with constructive criticism/input from a number of net folk,
>version .0002!

I'll add my .02 currency units: if you can, make one of your ntp peers
XX.pool.ntp.org, where XX is your country code.  Obviously, not all
values of XX work -- among the surprising failures are il.pool.ntp.org,
jp.pool.ntp.org, and kr.pool.ntp.org -- but it's worth looking for your
country or a neighboring one.  This will give you a selection among
many different choices, if you aren't concerned with picking a specific
one (say, for security reasons).