Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

  • From: Christopher X. Candreva
  • Date: Tue May 18 16:51:31 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004 [email protected] wrote:

You're missing the main point - that sometimes things are done in ways that are sub-optimal or even pessimal from the technical standpoint, because some other consideration interferes. Yes, it *would* be nice if everybody in the world
Oh, I know that point very well. It's why we're in the mess we are in, because no one could budget to set things up properly.

It's the same arguement we heard as to why people couldn't close their open relays. To which we eventually responded "OK, if that's what you have to do. Let us know when you have fixed it and we'll accept mail from you again. You'll have to use a different server though, 'cause it's blocked now".

It's not that I missed the point. I don't care if YOU can't afford it. That's your problem. I'm not going to let it affect MY network.

Chris Candreva -- [email protected] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/