Re: CiSCO IOS 12.* source code stolen

  • From: Jeroen Massar
  • Date: Tue May 18 14:05:30 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 19:42, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> May be, it is a good idea - to release old (say, 10.0) IOS sources for the
> colleges. It will allow them to practice in the hardware design
> amd protocol implementation, using solid base of Cisco IOS.
>
> Even old, 10.0 IOS, is enough for this purpose.

I would not even want to see IOS 12.x being given as an example in a
college. That is definitely not a good idea ;)
There is also a very good reason why Cisco have a new OS lined up for
quite some time you figure out why ;)

Also in these times people actually know what modularisation is.

Greets,
 Jeroen