Verizon text messaging

  • From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy
  • Date: Tue May 18 10:35:55 2004

Perhaps this is slightly OT, but if you rely on Verizon text messaging for
notification, beware that they have implemented some sort of filtering as
of last night it seems.

Talking to their support they will not admit to any changes, but I have
lost a few important notifications yesterday.

After some experimentation, it looks like that at least messages to
@vtext.com have to be explicitely addressed now (i.e. "To" has to be
[email protected]), and there are other rules that I have not figured
out yet.

Perhaps there is someone from Verizon on this list who would confirm that
filtering was indeed added yesterday?

Here is usenet article supporting my theory:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vtext&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=RaOdnQmdQ5mZwTTdRVn-gg%40giganews.com&rnum=2

Grisha