Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

  • From: Martin Hepworth
  • Date: Tue May 18 07:24:19 2004

Matt

I agree that everything the Barracuda does can be done by hand. I had a choice of either spending $4k for a 'set it and forget it' type spam solution or continue to spend days per month of my time tweaking my old setup. I chose to go with the commercial route which will easily save me $$ and more importantly frustration over the course of this year. I can spend my time building my business now instead of tweaking my mail server.

Barracuda is built on open source, It boots LILO then goes into 'secret' mode. I don't think they added any black magic to the box. They just assembled the open source parts and shrink wrapped it into a very easy to manage solution.

-Matt

I prob spend ay most a couple of hours per week tweeking the thing now..

depends on whether you can squease the 4k out of the bean counters up front...:-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.