Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Mon May 17 17:21:59 2004

At 05:00 PM 17/05/2004, Joe Boyce wrote:
Not to thread jack or anything, but when I first moved our cluster to
Spam Assassin, I was disappointed at the amount of messages that would
get past Spam Assassin at even a low threshold of 2.

I Googled around and found a bunch of rulesets that once installed,
started tagging those hard to get messages.
Also, use the various RBLs in the scoring. e.g. add 50% of the threshold score if its on spamcop and 25% for some of the other more aggressive RBLs. We have a very high and correct hit rate as a result. Our users can then add white lists for the handful of their contacts that get tagged as spam since they are using spam friendly ISPs.

---Mike