Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

  • From: Jared B. Reimer
  • Date: Mon May 17 16:50:56 2004

We have done an eval of this same product (model 400). It is very cool in virtually every regard except one: performance. We were facing 1+ hour mail delays (!) through the device when pumping less than 1,000,000 messages per day through it. Given that they claim it can handle ten times that much, I am left wondering what happened. Very disappointing in that regard; the eval unit is being shipped back as a result. -- Jared