Re: CiSCO IOS 12.* source code stolen

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Sun May 16 10:43:40 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Peter Galbavy wrote:

: > Cisco source codes never were a top secret, many people around the
: > world had access to them (and I believe, it explains Cisco's
: > stability and success).
:
: ... and here is to hoping that Cisco don't try to use this incident, if it
: gets coverage outside a narrow readership, as a marketing exercise to blame
: coding error exploits on anyone but the company itself - unlike our friends
: in Redmond.

Heh.

Might make for a good peer review, though.  At least CSCO manages to put out
fixes after an exploit is released; MSFT tends to deny existence of the bug
for up to months before releasing a fix.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]>