Re: CiSCO IOS 12.* source code stolen

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Sun May 16 04:16:29 2004

Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> Cisco source codes never were a top secret, many people around the
> world had access to them (and I believe, it explains Cisco's
> stability and success).

... and here is to hoping that Cisco don't try to use this incident, if it
gets coverage outside a narrow readership, as a marketing exercise to blame
coding error exploits on anyone but the company itself - unlike our friends
in Redmond.

Cisco have enough IPR to protect serious commercial exploitation of leaked
code in other ways.

Peter