Re: Pay-As-You-Use High-Speed Internet?

  • From: Jonathan M. Slivko
  • Date: Fri May 14 18:05:53 2004

Agreed.
-- Jonathan

Deepak Jain wrote:

In an application where you pay-as-you-go with hard limits, the site stops responding under the slashdotted activity. The limit protects the ISP and the customer from a dispute, and the customer decides whether to rethink their hard limits or the popularity of their content.

DJ

Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:

To answer your question, in our colo evironment, incomming traffic is free and not measured for billing purposes (but I assume this will be different on the ISP platform).

As far as being slashdotted, if it does happen - then your agent from our application will watch - and adhere to - the budget that you had initially set and any "Quick Response" settings that you had set, too.

Disputes, as far as what? The bandwidth that is purchased is all logged into a database for review/auditing. As for the burden of proof, see my previous statement.

-- Jonathan