Re: BGP Exploit

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Thu May 13 08:20:07 2004

On 13-mei-04, at 13:31, Mark Johnson wrote:

I think what I'm trying to ask is:

1. Does anyone know if the exploit is actually being used? and
2. I assume there is no way to identify an exploit reset from the usual
resets caused by routers hanging, ports failing, DDoS's, etc. However, I
thought I'd ask...
This is from a couple of weeks, give or take, on an interface with 100 or so peers:

deny tcp any any eq bgp rst log-input (3714 matches)

If this is an attack I wish they were all like this. :-)