Re: Spamcop

  • From: Chris Brenton
  • Date: Tue May 11 18:27:25 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 18:15, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

> As an ex-admin, I have some "serious issues" about the way Spamcop
> works, but this argument is similar to one that says a credit reporting
> company has to prove that you are a deadbeat before reporting that
> several companies you do business with report that you are late with
> payments a lot.

I would agree with your analogy if Spamcop limited automatic reporting
to subset of the community. The problem is they do not. I can't call up
a credit agency and get them to automatically red mark your credit
report. I obviously can send pretty much anything to Spamcop, claim you
are a spammer and get them to act on that.

Cheers,
Chris