Re: Spamcop

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Tue May 11 18:18:54 2004

Chris Brenton wrote:

Further, Spamcop should implement some form of check to verify that the
e-mail is in fact spam before they go pointing the finger and/or
blocking mail servers. The problem of end users leveraging Spamcop to
get them off of mailing lists or a simple way of DoSsing a discussion
forum would become mute if some form of sanity checking was in place.
As an ex-admin, I have some "serious issues" about the way Spamcop
works, but this argument is similar to one that says a credit reporting
company has to prove that you are a deadbeat before reporting that
several companies you do business with report that you are late with
payments a lot.

And as an ex-admin that had some contact with mailing lists and their
operation and managment I will say that the notion that people "forgot"
that they subscribed to a list does not happen nearly as often as it
is used to wriggle out from under a spam complaint.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

http://members.cox.net/larrysheldon/