Re: Corporations becoming a LIR

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Thu May 06 18:39:18 2004

On 07.05.2004 00:02 Drumm, Dan wrote:

> I was wondering, basically, if I have any chance at this? While RIPE
> clearly states the admission policy is open to any organization, in
> order to get PIR (Provider Independent routing) being a RIPE NCC is
> required, and I don't know if a corporation would have a shot.
> Currently, we are not an ARIN member, but hold the Class B.

There are a lot of companies not being ISP in an even larger sense which
are LIR. Just to name a few: SAP, Siemens, Bayer, Commerzbank, ... have
a look at
http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/mem-services/general/indices/index.html

IIRC in early days there was even an own category "Companies"  with more
moderate fee.

If you nee help let me know,

Arnold -- AN45-RIPE