Re: Question about obtaining ASN #

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Thu May 06 16:13:32 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:02:11 -0700 Vish Yelsangikar <[email protected]> wrote:
> We are in the middle of a major project that will be rolled out in the next
> 3-4 months.  With this project, I will be multihoming my network.  To get
> ready for this project, I recently applied for an AS# for my company with
> ARIN and I was denied because I don't have a multihomed network and dont
> intend to be one in the next 30 days. Is there any other way to obtain AS#?
> I dont want to wait until 11th hour to get the AS#.  Any suggestions are
> appreciated.

i think you only need to wait until 30 days before, not 11 hours before.

ARIN in my experience responds with reasonable promptness to ASN requests,
and assuming your paperwork is in order, you really are worrying unnecessarily.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]