RE: What percentage of the Internet Traffic is junk?

  • From: Mike Damm
  • Date: Wed May 05 14:51:50 2004

Very very very near to, but not quite 100%. Since almost all of the traffic
on the Internet isn't sourced by or destined for me, I consider it junk.

Also remember that to a packet kid, that insane flood of packets destined
for his target is the most important traffic in the world. And to a spammer,
the very mailings that are making him millions are more important than
pictures of someone's grandkids.

I guess my point is junk is a very relative term. A study would need to
first be done to identify what junk actually is, then measuring it is
trivial.

  -Mike