Re: What percentage of the Internet Traffic is junk?

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Wed May 05 14:37:33 2004

William B. Norton wrote:

With all the spam, infected e-mails, DOS attacks, ultimately blackholed traffic, etc. I wonder if there has been a study that quantifies

What percentage of the Internet traffic is junk?
I don't know the answer in any case, but I would need a definition
for "Internet traffic" before I could even start.

Do we include the image and tabular date to and from the EROS
Data Center?  How about the radiographic images and resulting
"readings" (or what ever the correct term is) to and from the
hospital in Atkinson?  Credit card transactions at FDR?

I have a morbid fascination with weather so I am forever looking
at maps, satellite images, and all sorts of stuff that some people
tell me is a waste of my time, so I presume that is "junk"

What are we talking about?

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio