RE: Security of Equipment in poorly-secured locations.

  • From: Henry Linneweh
  • Date: Tue May 04 22:42:12 2004

Well I work for a very large company that runs premium
data centers, while camera's are great, real security
are on those sites monitoring 24/7

It is not my intent to malign Verizon, nor any other
major provider, in my opinion critical infrastructure
equipment must be protected, while I do not believe
terrorists were involved in this particular incident,
I do believe enterprising individuals taking advantage
of the current political hysteria took equipment to
possibly set up their own high speed network, because
it was accessable.

-Henry