RE: FW: Worms versus Bots now religion host security vs firewall/nat/acl

  • From: Smith, Donald
  • Date: Tue May 04 18:50:20 2004

The goal of the document is clearly stated below.
Feel free to read the document and make suggestions (within scope) for
improvements.
The document is not intended to take the place of hardening XP
documents.
Today I learned from Sean that the firewall portion of XP sp1 comes up
after services are enabled.
I will request that information be added to the pdf.

I am NOT arguing against firewalls. I like them, I use them, their
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8!

Security in depth is a good idea, one that I support, encourage and
practice.

[email protected] GCIA
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF00EDCC
pgpFingerPrint:9CE4 227B B9B3 601F B500  D076 43F1 0767 AF00 EDCC
kill -13 111.2