RE: Security of Equipment in poorly-secured locations.

  • From: Williams, Jeff
  • Date: Tue May 04 16:36:18 2004

Although a webcam is cheaper, Netbotz has a slick rackmount camera that does
envionmentals as well.  On motion detection it snaps 5 frames off to a
central server which can be tied into a NMS.

In this particular case, the colo being open racks (apparently), physical
security was lacking a lot.  But, just as with spam, the measure -
counter-measure struggle goes on.  "Locks only keep honest people out."

Jeff

'scuse the disclaimer below.