Re: Lsass.exe oddities

  • From: J. Oquendo
  • Date: Sat May 01 19:26:11 2004

> On Sat, 1 May 2004, J. Oquendo wrote:
> > McAfee's Stinger takes care of this, or at least supposedly does.
> > http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger maybe some of you guys on the ISP sides can
> > place a copy in a public ftp for your users.
>
> McAfee's Stinger is copyrighted software.  Redistribution without
> permission or license from McAfee may not be wise.  McAfee's sales
> people are very particular about not letting people redistribute
> their software without paying McAfee.

Indeed you are correct. I should have made mention of it, although I would
hope most would understand that and check those TERMS OF AGREEMENTS. I
post links to the page so users can go directly there and get it for
themselves but on the flip side I maintain a copy for those 80 year olds
who one would spend hours trying to walk them through typing into an
address bar. "Where do I find the start menu"

Maybe Microsoft should be the one to dish out money and have a tool
similar to it bundled in XP that'd auto download and auto scan their OS
instead of leaving it to ISP's having to explain every other week that yet
another virus is affecting them, and it has nothing to do with
connectivity. Oh well. Apologies for not being specific on those licensing
issues.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x51F9D78D
Fingerprint 2A48 BA18 1851 4C99

CA22 0619 DB63 F2F7 51F9 D78D
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x51F9D78D

sil @ politrix . org    http://www.politrix.org
sil @ infiltrated . net http://www.infiltrated.net

'Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others.
But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught
that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator
is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught
that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the
man who stands alone.' -- Ayn Rand"