Re: Mexico City Internet Bandwidth suggestions

  • From: Brian Moore
  • Date: Thu Apr 29 21:41:57 2004

> I was curious if anyone could share any suggestions and experiences with
> providers of internet bandwidth ranging from T1 to OC3 in Mexico City.
> Telmex is the obvious in-house Mexico monopoly, but was wondering if
> there were any other legitimate, competitive providers in the game over
> there.

Alestra (affiliated in some way with AT&T), and Avantel (affiliated in some
way with Worldcom) gave us reasonable pricing (reasonable for Mexico City
anyway) on E3/T3 solutions.  A couple years ago they were peered with
Telmex in Monterrey I think, which was acceptable given the difference in
pricing (Telmex and GBLX were both *much* costlier).

We got an uplink to both and run bgp.  It's been fairly solid.  When one's
down, the other's up :)

Brian