L2TPv3 encaps performance

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Wed Apr 28 11:07:44 2004

Someone asked me the other day if I could recommend some L2TPv3 tunnel termination devices which might be capable of encaps/de-encaps of traffic which bursts near to 1Gbit/s (e.g. with GE uplinks to a core/transport network, and GE interfaces for hand-off towards the subscriber). Application is providing transparent/pseudowire wide-area ethernet transport service over a routed-IP but non-LDP-capable core.

This didn't sound like a particularly hard question, but I couldn't find any performance numbers on L2TPv3 edge boxes anywhere. What boxes exist that can do this stuff at gig speeds?

Replies off-list would be fine, I can summarise if there's interest.