Re: Alternate and/or hidden infrastructure addresses (BGP/TCP RST/SYNvulnerability)

  • From: Pekka Savola
  • Date: Fri Apr 23 04:09:27 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Patrick W.Gilmore wrote:
> Hrmmm, would the GTSM work with loopback peering?  ISTR it allowed a
> TTL of 254, which should make it to the loopback interface.

Only flawed implementations have to use TTL of 254 when you have a
session between two adjacent loopbacks.  But I think those still
exist...

(TTL should only be decremented when _forwarding_, and I don't think
you could argue that you need to _forward_ a packet from your ingress
interface to your _loopback_ interface..)