Re: Winstar says there is no TCP/BGP vulnerability

  • From: Patrick W.Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Apr 23 00:20:53 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 10:18 PM, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

BGP over PPP? Could be specified, but that'd require replacing the use of
TCP. Might be a bit ugly to implement, especially on larger routers with
separate control planes.
wasn't there a PPP over SMTP spec? that sounds like a plan for this!
I swear to ghod I was thinking of the telnet over SMTP spec when I read this, and wondering if we should use that and have the routers telnet to port 179 over SMTP. Then you could PGP sign the messages! Of course, you'd have to update your spam filters.... :)

--
TTFN,
patrick