Re: snmp vuln

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Thu Apr 22 02:26:38 2004

If you ever read SNMP specs, you can realize, that there is not any C or C++
SNMP  implementation without such problem. So, rule number 1 is _never
expose SNMP to Internet, and be careful to filter out any inbound packets,
forwarded to your SNMP ports.

It is easy to predict next SNMP problem in next 6 month, etc... Too
complicated protocol, implemented by (in most cases) less qualified
engineers (SNMP module is always of low priority, in any project - I never
saw an exception, and Cisco is not one).

// In reality, it is not problem at all... except for some clueless
providers.