Ordering Windows Security Update CD (was Re: Microsoft XP SP2)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Apr 20 02:09:10 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> - (1) updates are too big to be diownloaded by modem , which fail every 20 -
> 40 minutes (which is common in many countries);
> - (2) if you connect to Internet for update, you are infected by virus much
> faster than you install update.
>
> I saw it. Home user install Win2K, then connect to internet to get update...
> and catch virus.

Order the Windows Security Update CD
Updated Date: April 16, 2004

The Windows Security Update CD will be shipped to you free of charge. This
CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 and
information to help you protect your PC. In addition, you will also
receive a free antivirus and firewall trial software CD.

This CD is only available for Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000,
Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

I do not know if Microsoft plans to refresh the CD, or make it available
through other channels.