Re: Microsoft XP SP2 (was Re: Lazy network operators - NOT)

  • From: Dr. Jeffrey Race
  • Date: Mon Apr 19 09:12:59 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:12:16 -0400, Chris Brenton wrote:

> An uneducated
>end user is not something you can fix with a service pack.

A profound point, again highlighting the fact that there
are no technical solutions to this problem.  (Though
technical measures to enhance traceability are a big help.)

So, the logical inference is training and licensing to
get internet access.   When I was 16 in Connecticut many
many years ago, we had to take a driver-training course
(given by a policeman) to get a driver's license.

I see no discussion about this approach, here or elsewhere.

Jeffrey Race