Re: TTY phone fraud and abuse

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Thu Apr 15 16:00:18 2004

Sean Donelan wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Scott Call wrote:

My point was that my $20 GE telephone cannot be made into a liability for
my telephone provider without my explicit participation, whereas a $20 a
month dialup (or $50 a month DSL, etc) customer can be a liability for me
just by being turned on.
Although Bell Labs avoided publishing papers about weakness in the
telephone system, it doesn't mean they don't exist.  The Communications
Fraud Control Assocation has a decent publication on communications
fraud.
Seems like John Draper had the corner on that market for a very long
time--1960's wasn't it when we had modify all the SF's?

--
Requiescas in pace o email