RE: SPAM Directly from AT&T Data Networking

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Wed Apr 14 16:05:49 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Callahan, Richard M, GVSOL wrote:

> Having spoken directly to her, I would like to point out that she did
> indeed take the time to research the FCC SPAM laws and has stuck to
> them.  She has provided an opt-out message and assures me she takes it
> very seriously.  If you have responded to her with a request to NOT be
> contacted again, you have not been.

So AT&T condones the sending of bulk, unsolicited commercial email and
permits its employees to do so and continue to do so until the victim
begs that particular employee to stop?  And then another AT&T salescritter
can repeat the process?

That's AT&T's official position?

How well do you think this scales?

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - [email protected]
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV