Re: Lazy network operators

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Apr 14 00:18:21 2004

[email protected] (Eric Brunner-Williams) writes:

> yup. i've been watching today's crop-o-spam. its pretty consistent, within
> 48 hours of a buy the domain shows up in a body of a spam, and the buy is
> for just one year. my business customers almost always throw 10 year buys
> at me.

the only people who benefit from the current pricing model are registrars.
if domains cost $300 a year we'd have less than 1% of the number we have now,
but the ones we have would actually get used.  i have never received mail
from a domain ending in .biz that was not spam, for example.
--
Paul Vixie