RE: Lazy network operators

  • From: Eric Krichbaum
  • Date: Tue Apr 13 16:08:26 2004

We do that here, and I agree it should be a standard practice from the
dialup/broadband/etc. provider standpoint.  Aren't some of the newer
malware/viri using the SMTP setting out of the email client to send
through now to get around that anyway?  It really shouldn't matter
though.  I'd rather be: a.) blocking the port 25 traffic and b.) virus
scanning the outbound mail, than dealing with the thousands of "Your
user tried to hack my system.  I'm calling the FBI on you." messages.

Eric