Re: IPv6 IGP

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Apr 09 18:05:43 2004
On 9 Apr 2004, at 14:29, Daniel Corbe wrote:

I'm trying to decide which IGP I want to go with for our IPv6 deployment. Anyone have any experiences with OSPF for IPv6 in the IOS 12.3 mainline? Is it stable enough?

I'm contemplating iBGP over OSPF..
ISC uses IS-IS for both v4 and v6 in its home network (3557). Most of the ciscos there are running 12.2S, but there's one running 12.3T.

We also use OSPF in our F root nameserver clusters as part of our usual load distribution strategy (ciscos running 12.2S, with adjacencies to FreeBSD nameservers running Zebra).

http://www.isc.org/pubs/tn/isc-tn-2003-1.html

We have not yet encountered any v6-specific problems with either of these.

Joe