Re: IPv6 IGP

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Fri Apr 09 17:24:15 2004

On 9-apr-04, at 20:29, Daniel Corbe wrote:

I'm trying to decide which IGP I want to go with for our IPv6 deployment. Anyone have any experiences with OSPF for IPv6 in the IOS 12.3 mainline? Is it stable enough?
I can't tell you anything about the stability in a production environment, but I haven't seen any problems in test setups.

You may want to consider some form of IS-IS (integrated or multi-topology). OSPFv3 and IPv6 support for IS-IS seem to have entered IOS at roughly the same time, so in the absense of more specific information, there is no reason to presume that one is more mature than the other.

I'm contemplating iBGP over OSPF..
Why not give Cisco the chance to screw up OSPFv3 first?  :-)