Re: Any good Wave Boxes to do this?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu Apr 08 18:56:41 2004

Have you looked at the ONS 15454 ? You won't waste the bandwidth and you TDM capabilities as well. You can use the muxponder cards to put 4 OC-48 IR1310s into 1 OC-192 as well. You could also use CWDM and just run straight GE, or do you have to use OC-48 for transport?

Basically, we are trying to aggregate GEs onto the smallest number of OC48s to reduce the number of CWDM waves we burn. Basically, we'd rather be able to put 10GEs onto 4 OC48s instead of 5.

One way to accomplish this would be to put 4 OC-48 OSMs into the 6500s, but that hardly seems cost-effective.

Thanks,

DJ