Re: CW Routing Registry source change to SAVVIS.

  • From: Steve Linford
  • Date: Wed Apr 07 09:16:26 2004

At 16:56 -0400 (GMT) 6/4/04, Padliya, Deepak wrote:
 Greetings !

 On March 8th, 2004, SAVVIS Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:
 SVVS), a leading global managed services provider, secured all
 regulatory approvals and closed its acquisition of the assets of
 Cable & Wireless... We expect the downtime to be...
Fingers crossed, due to the good reputation SAVVIS has with the anti-spam community (SAVVIS has probably the best AUP in the industry and a well-respected Abuse team), at Spamhaus we're hoping this spells extended downtime for the large mass of spammers Cable & Wireless and Exodus have been servicing.

Spamhaus publishes a "Top 10 World Worst Spam ISPs" monthly chart from SBL data, and for March Exodus was 7th and C&W was 8th (I know we should combine 'Exodus' into 'C&W' now, but I'm afraid if we did C&W would probably beat the No1 place UUNet in volume of harbored spammers). So here's hoping the SAVVIS team can turn C&W round in more ways than one.

--
Steve Linford
The Spamhaus Project