RE: Spam with no purpose?

  • From: Scott Call
  • Date: Mon Apr 05 22:18:21 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Michel Py wrote:

> > Todd Vierling wrote:
> > This has already happened; there is some well known spam that
> > consists of HTML "content" or an image-based ad, with snippets
> > of recent AP newswire stories in the plaintext body section.
>
> Indeed, and between AP newswire, good random generators and quotations
> borrowed from the zillion pages of text available on the web, it's going
> to take a really, really smart software to make the difference between
> spam and real email.

Kinda of makes you wonder if AP and the like could go after spammers
habeaus style on copyright infringement.  Since the spam is a source of
revenue, it could be construed as criminal copyright infringement as well
as civil....

-S

--
Scott Call	Router Geek, ATGi, home of $6.95 Prime Rib
I make the world a better place, I boycott Wal-Mart