RE: Spam with no purpose?

  • From: Michel Py
  • Date: Mon Apr 05 22:02:05 2004

>> Michel Py wrote:
>> ... And as I said earlier, expect the "bunch of
>> dictionary words" to mutate into a more
>> sophisticated animal that includes correct grammar.

> Tony Hain wrote:
> So the useful content of lists like this one would be
> filtered. Maybe this is really just a ploy by the tech
> writers of the world for full-employment... ;)

Or a ploy by some software vendor to force everyone to use a spell and
grammar checker :-) Note that I'm not saying it's good, simply that I
see it coming.

> Todd Vierling wrote:
> This has already happened; there is some well known spam that
> consists of HTML "content" or an image-based ad, with snippets
> of recent AP newswire stories in the plaintext body section.

Indeed, and between AP newswire, good random generators and quotations
borrowed from the zillion pages of text available on the web, it's going
to take a really, really smart software to make the difference between
spam and real email.

Michel.