Re: Mailserver requirements

  • From: Jeff Workman
  • Date: Mon Apr 05 20:06:30 2004

--On Monday, April 05, 2004 5:48 PM -0400 Richard Welty <[email protected]> wrote:

for that matter, if i were running a very very large mail farm with high
volume in one or both directions, separating the inbound mail handlers
(MX hosts) from the outbound mail relays would be something that i'd
seriously consider doing as part of the architecture. this would interact
very badly with the mail rejection strategy outlined in the original post
in this thread.
While I think it's pretty anal-retentive to require a mail sender to have a valid MX record, I don't see what would be so hard about setting up MX records for this scenario:

inbound-mx01 IN A 192.168.1.98
inbound-mx02 IN A 192.168.1.99
outbound-01 IN A 192.168.1.100
IN MX 10 inbound-mx01