Re: Spam with no purpose?

  • From: Jerry Eyers
  • Date: Thu Apr 01 08:32:38 2004

A message like this will usualy contain an html portion with an image in it
that is a single pixel in size, that is white-on-white.  It doesn't show up
when you look at it, but it sends a request to the sender's specified
website to get the pixel, thus showing them which email accounts are active.

Jerry