Re: Publish or (gulp) Perish

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Fri Mar 26 16:15:13 2004

In message <BC8601E4.3686%[email protected]>, Daniel Golding writes:

>Slightly off-topic...
>
>Most technical fields have standard journals that they use to publish
>interesting findings and new ways of doing things. Everything from Nature to
>the JAMA. Here's the question for the group: Do these sorts of publications
>exist in the networking/carrier/internetworking space, and if not, should
>they?

I've approached a few likely parties; reaction thus far is favorable.
I'll post a note here when I get explicit go-aheads.  It's not free for
the publishing venue -- they have to have access to enough competent
reviewers.

The converse, of course, is that the operational community will have to
generate enough papers...