Re: Redirecting mail (Re: Throttling mail)

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Mar 25 15:05:08 2004

Adi Linden wrote:

Right now I am blocking all network access for ip addresses I receive

believeable abuse reports for. The big problem is that it is a manual process that does not start until a PC has already sent a massive amount of abusive mail. After all, it does take time to read and act upon abuse reports. By forcing smtp through a specific server at least some proactive measures are possible such as throttling abusive behaviour.

When you get bored fighting the fire with a leaking bucket of water, technology exists that automates detection, redirection, posting information to the end users and eventually re-enabling the subscribers without any manual intervention. Makes days significantly less dull, but I might be biased here :-)

Pete