Re: Publish or (gulp) Perish

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Wed Mar 24 10:42:04 2004

On 3/24/04 9:50 AM, "vijay gill" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:01:56PM -0500, Daniel Golding wrote:
>

> [ various journals ]
>

>> Any thoughts? Have NANOG powerpoint presentations made these sorts of
>> journals obsolete? :)
>

> Powerpoints have a hard time matching the depth of a refereed journal
> submission, because with the powerpoint, soundbites tend to take
> precedence over content.
>
> /vijay

Vijay hit it on the head - have we all been foolish by trying to put our
collective expression of service provider best practices and network design
into an archive of Powerpoint? To quote the Magic Eight Ball, "All
indications point to yes"

--
Daniel Golding
Network and Telecommunications Strategies