Re: Personal Co-location Registry

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Sat Mar 20 18:44:09 2004

many servers are also starting to feature IPMI ...
i'm happy to add to the registry a list of things like pc-weasel and rtty and
rocketport, but i'd like to have some confidence that it's a comprehensive
list, which means that someone more familiary with the field has to build it.
--
If someone is doing this, especially wrt to 1U servers, perhaps someone could provide a pointer to a reboot solution that would allow a single reboot device to control 42+ 1Us in a single rack. From my occasional interest in this area, I've seen lots of reboot solutions. Most of them take as many as 4-10 U to reboot 40 machines, which sort of obviates the need to reboot 40 machines in a single rack in the first place. Unless you use 10ft racks, I guess.

Deepak Jain
AiNET