Re: Personal Co-location Registry

  • From: just me
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 20:43:17 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Kelly Setzer wrote:

  This is relevant, if tangential, to the current discussion on 1U colo
  for remote ops/looking glass/etc.

[...]

  4) One nanog member indicated that I am an idiot.

  Personally, I recently priced intel server systems from a variety of major
  vendors including Dell, Compaq/HP, IBM, and Sun (intel-based).
  All of them offered (proprietary?) ethernet-based remote management.
  None offered serial management.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/pc_servers_pdf/88p9267.pdf
Take a look at page 34.

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/html/817-2025-13/chap2.html#pgfId-17069

"Idiot" is a strong word. But you do seem to have some reading
comprehension issues.

matt ghali

[email protected]<darwin><
   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>