Re: So, What Now, NANOG? Was: Request response [important]

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 12:11:41 2004

On 2004-03-18-11:11:14, Daniel Golding <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]
> Its time to figure out what to do about this, employing a proactive
> stance.  The answer is not "start a new mailing list". Names have
> power, as they say, and NANOG has the juice. So, a few simple
> proposals for people to chew over...
[...]

While these are all good ideas, I think we'll be fine if we simply
exercise a little self-restraint, and familiarize ourselves with the
"delete thread" functions of our respective mail clients.

If you want the net.kooks, armchair traceroute engineers, sales
droids, and blackhats posing as legitimate security researchers,
who've came out of the woodwork to go away, don't indulge them with a
response.  Ignore them and they'll stop.

My $0.02,
-a