RE: Spamhaus Exposed

  • From: Dave Hart
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 02:51:20 2004

Dan Hollis said:
> > federal interest site. thats automatic prison time, isnt it?

Alexei Roudnev replied:
> Of course, not - he is not from USA (more likely), the end.
> Why people believe, that this acts means ANYTHING? In
> Internet, they (acts) means NOTHING.

Unless, of course, she happens to travel to the US at some point.

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/ivanovSent_NJ.htm
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/gorshkovSent.htm

In the Gorshkov/Ivanov case the Russian FSB formally charged the US FBI
with breaking Russian law by hacking in to the gang's Russian computers
and gathering evidence.  One ruling in the cases said Russian law does
not apply to the FBI agents operating in the US.  So basically you have
both sides claiming that "I am the law", and whoever has the body wins.

Dave Hart