Re: Strange message possibly through nanog mail server

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Wed Mar 17 17:07:52 2004

On 17.03.2004 23:57 william(at)elan.net wrote:

And while the website was unavailable and the sender is being anonymous (whichis against nanog list policies if this was sent through it), what I do find worse is that they managed to do it so that [email protected] is not added to "CC" (which if I understood is always supposed to happen when something through this mail list, which makes me think it might have
come through merit mail machine but not actually though mail list).
The envelope-to decides where a mail goes to. All of your body header fields are actually meaningless.

What I can say it came thru NANOG. Mozilla junk tool perfectly classified this email as SPAM :-)

Arnold