Re: Firewall opinions wanted please - clarification

  • From: Richard Cox
  • Date: Wed Mar 17 02:35:14 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:18:38 -0700
"Brandon Shiers" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sonicwall makes a great product that can run in STANDARD (Proxy) mode.

As with any product, it's only as good as the support channel behind it
*in your locality* ... we have just removed Sonicwall from the list of
approved suppliers here because of a series of failures that left two
parts of our network unprotected for several weeks (and, if any other
Firewall vendors with _good_  European support are reading this thread,
you're welcome to contact us by mail if you feel you can do better than
Sonicwall's local representatives did ;-) )

--
Richard Cox